Madsen Consulting Engineering is a Structural Engineering firm founded by Erik Madsen, PE and Cristian S. Vimer, PhD, PE. Our team is comprised of eleven staff members, including five licensed engineers. We have extensive expertise in all types of new or existing buildings, including residential, commercial, educational, hotels, healthcare institutions, cultural projects and art installation. We are familiar with affordable housing projects, funded by government agencies such as HUD or HPD and with projects that require approval from the MTA, DOT, PANYNJ or other government agencies.
Building on the combined experience of our completed work as professionals, we approach every project as unique and search for innovative solutions focused on reducing construction cost and time. We are committed to highly innovative design through research and analysis of the core issues surrounding each project. We are constantly pursuing knowledge of up-to-date design standards and technological advances in the construction industry, including a constantly increased attention to Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM), which are quickly replacing the traditional paper-based methods of the design process. We are committed to position our company as an innovator and a leader on BIM, IPD, lean and sustainable construction; we are also focused on delivering solutions that will help our clients achieve higher green (LEED) and sustainability standards.
Since 2010 we have been offering Structural Engineering services to architects, developers, homeowners, artists, builders or manufacturers in the New York's tri-state area and beyond.
We have extensive expertise in all types of new or existing buildings, from low- to high-rise and single- to multi-building developments, across several sectors including Residential, Commercial/Retail, Cultural, Institutional, Educational, Healthcare, and others. We are familiar with affordable housing projects, funded by government agencies such as HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development), or NYC HPD (Department of Housing Preservation and Development).
- New Buildings - reinforced cast-in-place and precast concrete structures, structural steel, masonry, cold-formed steel, wood structures
- Renovations and conversions, alterations, extensions and repairs of existing structures, including Landmarked Buildings
- Special Structures, including Art Installations, aluminum and glass structures- Projects requiring NYC Transit Authority Approval
- Projects requiring Port Authority of NY and NJ Design and Approval (including airport work)
We also offer related services:
- Structural Steel Connection Design and Steel Detailing Services
- Miscellaneous Steel Design and Detailing
- Temporary Shoring Design
- Building Engineer Services
- Peer Reviews
- Value Analyses
- Structural Condition Assessment Reports and Feasibility Studies
- Forensic Investigations
- Adjacent Property Review
- Litigation Assistance
- Special Inspections
- Owner's Representation
NOEL BROWNLIE, PE | Project Engineer
MAX TORO, PE | Project Engineer
LUKA VUJOVIC | Engineer
JAMES RUVOLO, PE | Project Engineer
DANIELA DRIAU | Structural Drafter
CRISTINA CARILLO | Structural Drafter
BRIT THORNBURG | Structural Drafter
SARAH BERKOWITZ | Office Manager